Neil Edwards, personal information
Download short cv, long cv
Climate Dynamics, Integrated Assessment Modelling, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
Current research areas
Simplified models of the Earth's climate system, including the global economy
Oceanic bottom boundary layer models
- 2005-> Reader in Earth Systems Science, The Open University, United Kingdom.
- 2002-2005 NCCR-Climate Post Doctoral Fellow, Climate and Environmental Physics,
University of Bern, Switzerland. Efficient Earth System Models, personal fellowship.
- 2000-2002 Post Doctoral Researcher, Laboratoire des Ecoulements
et Industriels, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble 1, France.
Transport and wave breaking induced by inertia gravity wave-mean flow
interaction, with Prof. C. Staquet.
- 1997-2000 Research Fellow, School of Ocean and Earth Science, Southampton
Oceanography Centre. Earth system models of intermediate complexity, with
Prof. J. G. Shepherd (FRS) (1999-2000).
Interleaving in the equatorial Pacific and its effect on the
large-scale flow, with Dr. K. J. Richards (1997-1999).
- 1993-1996 Research Fellow: Keele University, Department of Mathematics
(1996); University of Exeter, School of Mathematical Sciences,
Deep convection and inter-basin water exchange in the world ocean,
with Prof. A. J. Willmott and Dr. P. D. Killworth.
- 1992-1993 Research Fellow, University of Leeds, Department of Applied
Pressure-induced instabilities of premixed
flames, with Prof. J. Brindley and Dr. A. C. McIntosh.
- Ph.D. 1992, Leeds, U.K.
- Part 3 Mathematics 1988, Cambridge, U.K.
- B.A. Mathematics 1984, Cambridge, U.K.