- Polaronic scenarios for superconductivity, University of Birmingham (Jan. 2009)
- Embolic stroke as a many-particle problem. Physics by the lake summer school, University of Cumbria, Ambleside (Sep. 2008) University of Nottingham (Nov. 2008) University of Manchester (Feb. 2009)
- Scenarios for phonon-mediated superconductivity beyond BCS, Imperial College (Nov.
- An introduction to electron-phonon interactions beyond the BCS limit. Physics by the lake summer
school, St. Martin's College, Ambleside. (Sep. 2007).
- Superlight small bipolarons and other unconventional pairing via phonons. University of Warwick
(Mar 2007), University of St Andrews (Feb 2007), University of Bristol (May 2007).
- Extending the theory of superconductivity in quasi-2D. J.P.Hague. University of Leicester (Nov 2005)
- Electron-phonon interactions in quasi-2D systems. "Physics by the lake" summer school, Ambleside, UK (Sep. 2005). Seminar at "X training school" Salerno, Italy (Oct 2005).
- Band to Mott transition in the infinite dimensional Holstein model, J.P.Hague and N.d'Ambrumenil. Seminar at ILL theory group, France (May 2001).
- Embolic stroke as a many particle problem, CMT32 Workshop, Loughborough University (Invited talk, 30 mins, Aug. 2008)
- The Physics of Embolic Stroke: Interaction between blockages and the cerebral blood flow network, Symposium on neural networks and cellular automata: from superconducting junctions to biology , Loughborough University (Invited talk, 30 mins, Feb. 2008)
- Light singlet and stable triplet bipolarons on square and triangular lattices. CMMP 2009, Warwick University (contributed talk, 15 mins, Dec. 2009)
- Binding and clustering of superlight small bipolarons. Workshop on Competing Orders, Pairing Fluctuations, and Spin Orbit Effects in Novel Unconventional Superconductors, Max-Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany (Contributed talk, 30 mins, Jul. 2008).
- Superlight small bipolarons in the presence of a strong Coulomb repulsion. Workshop on solving the Boguliubov-de Gennes and Gross Pitaevskii equations for superconductors, superfluids and
BEC, Manchester (Contributed Talk, 15 mins, Oct 2007)
- Kinks and d-waves from phonons: The intermediate coupling story. CMMP 2007, University of
Leicester (Contributed talk, 15 mins, Apr. 2007).
- Unconventional superconductivity and bipolaronic theories,
J.P.Hague, P.E.Kornilovitch, J.H.Samson and A.S.Alexandrov. EPS
condensed matter division meeting, Dresden, Apr. 2006 (15 mins).
Electron-phonon interactions in quasi-2D systems, J.P.Hague. "10th
training course in the physics of high-temperature superconductors"
Salerno, Italy, Oct 2005 (30 mins).
- Novel information theory techniques for extracting the phonon density of states from specific heat measurements. J.P.Hague. Poster at Phonons 2007
- Long range electron-phonon interactions can lead to superlight small bipolarons. J.P.Hague, P.E.Kornilovitch, J.H.Samson and A.S.Alexandrov. Poster at Phonons 2007, Paris, France, IOP theory group meeting, Dec. 2007 and SNS 2007, Sendai, Japan.
- Kinks and d-waves from phonons: The intermediate coupling story. J.P.Hague. Poster at Phonons 2007, Paris, France and SNS 2007, Sendai, Japan (winner of a "young scientist special recognition award")
- From stroke to the bends: Embolic traffic jams in the brain. J.P.Hague and E.M.L.Chung. CMMP 2007
- Pyramids and pairing: A dimer approach to light electron pairs on lattices. J.H.Samson, J.P.Hague and P.E.Kornilovitch. CMMP 2007
- Superlight small bipolarons in the presence of strong Coulomb repulsion. J.P.Hague, P.E.Kornilovitch, J.H.Samson and A.S.Alexandrov. CMMP 2007
- Unconventional superconductivity and bipolaronic theories, J.P.Hague, P.E.Kornilovitch, J.H.Samson and A.S.Alexandrov. Poster at M2S conference, Dresden, Jul. 2006.
- Continuous time quantum-Monte-Carlo simulations of polarons and bipolarons.
J.P.Hague, P.E.Kornilovitch, A.S.Alexandrov and J.H.Samson.
CMMP Abstracts 2006, p55.
- Combining FLEX and QMC calculations. J.P.Hague, M.Jarrell and T.C.Schulthess. NSET workshop, Fall Creek Falls, TN, USA, 2003.
- Evidence for 2D magnetism in tapiolite. E.M.L.Chung, M.R.Lees, G.J.McIntyre, G.Balakrishnan, J.P.Hague, D.Visser, D.McK.Paul and C.Wilkinson. Modeling magnetic systems meeting, RAL, UK, 2003.
- Temperature dependent mobility spectra in SiGe heterostructures. D. Chrastina, J.P.Hague, G.Isella, B.Roessner and H.von Kaenel. Silicon workshop 2003 Genova, Italy.
- Dynamical cluster approximation of electron-phonon and electron-electron interactions. J.P.Hague. Complex many-body simulations, NIC winter school, Rolduc, Netherlands, 2002.
- Band to Mott transition in the infinite dimensional Holstein model, J.P.Hague and N.d'Ambrumenil, IOP theory group meeting, June 2001, UK ( prize for best poster), seminar at ILL theory group, France and University of Warwick, UK (May 2001).
- Spectral functions and breakdown of Migdal-Eliashberg theory in the infinite-dimensional Holstein model, J.P.Hague and N.d'Ambrumenil, CMMP Abstracts 2000, p87 UK.
Jim Hague is a Senior Lecturer in Physics at the Open University in the UK. His main research interest is many body physics (both quantum and classical). He works on problems in biophysics, condensed matter theory and cold atoms. Jim teaches a wide range of physics topics, including relativity theory, electromagnetism and quantum physics.
These pages are the personal responsibility of J.P.Hague. The views expressed here do not necessarily represent the views of the Open University. The University takes no responsibility for any material on these pages. Last update 8th November 2017.